Let's get Spooky

 Hi guys, Julie here with you today. I am really excited to be sharing with you my first Halloween card of 2021 using the wonderful Monster Party stamp set. I love this time of year because I can channel a "spookier" side. This stamp set fits really well with the vibe I was looking for for this project.

I started this card by making my background. I used a watercolor cardstock cut to 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 and I used my sprays. I used ripe persimmon, hickory smoke and black soot distress oxide sprays. I wanted to make a soft glow of orange in the center of the card, so I did not spray a lot of the ripe persimmon. The key for this kind of background is to spray a little, then dry it, and add another layer until you like it. 

I die cut the spider web with watercolor cardstock. To make some texture on the background, I sprayed them directly when I was doing my background. It added a little bit of a shadow of the spider web in the background. I glued the die cuts slightly off after I finished spraying everything. To deepen the black on the die cuts, I added black soot distress ink. After all of that, I had to splatter white and gold on all of it, because it always adds a nice texture. 

After that, I stamped all of my images and colored them with my copics. I used the same color combination for all of them. I used YR000, YR00, YR15, YR07, C1, C2 and C5. For the sentiment, I heat emboss it on a white piece of paper and then blended with my distress oxides in hickory smoke and ripe persimmon. I wanted the orange glow to continue on the cute banner. 

Finally, I foam mounted all of my images and the banner on the center of my card. I glued my panel on a A2 card base and  added white lines with my gelly roll pen. To add some dimension, I added glossy accent to all of the eyes on the monsters. 

I hope you like my project today, thank you for stopping by and have an awesome day! 


Popular Posts