Sweets For The Sweet

 Hello everyone and thank you for visiting the blog! I have an adorable card using the Sweet Cupcakes set. This card would be fantastic for Valentine's Day or any day for that "sweet" person in your life. 

I started by die cutting the card base from Hero Arts Sand cardstock using Concord & 9th Card Stacks Base dies*. I ink blended Vintage Photo Distress Oxide onto all die cut edges. Vintage Photo and Black Soot were spattered onto these panels then set aside to dry. 

*This is a specialty die but if you don't have it...it's ok. You can have a nice dimensional card using a regular panel and adding foam tape behind the images. 

I used my MISTI stamping tool and black Copic safe ink to stamp the cupcake and chocolate images onto Neenah Classic Crest 80 pound paper. I did not move the stamps out of my platform because I will re-stamp the images later. All images were colored using Copic markers: BG13, BG11, BG10, C3, C1, C0, R39, R37, R35, YG11, G12, E29, E25 and E33. White pen detail was added for a little "shine". 

The cupcake liners were stamped onto pattern paper. I thought these were really cute colors and patterns. Plus, this is a great way to use up some of those scraps! Shading was added to the liners/pattern paper using the same Copic marker colors. They were then fussy cut just inside the line and glued to the cupcake images. The colored panel was added back into the MISTI and re-stamped using Altenew Obsidian ink. 

I set aside the "sweet treats" to dry due to the pigment ink. I stamped the sentiment onto the front stack panel using Altenew Obsidian ink and heat set with clear embossing powder. If you are using the Concord & 9th die, I added strong double sided tape to the scored tabs of the stack panels and adhered them to the base. If you are using a flat panel, you could add dimensional sections using foam tape and cardstock or adhere the stamped elements with varied amounts of foam tape for a dimensional look. 

I fussy cut (there are dies available) the stamped images and adhered them to my card base using liquid glue. The inspiration for my design was for them to look like a stacked counter of sweets. I think they do and I hope you do too!

Until next time my crafty friends.



Popular Posts